Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Playground and cookie fun

This morning we all got up really early. Like at 6:30am early. Normally we don't get out of bed until 8am. But Caetlin woke up to eat and I still needed to pump afterward and the pump woke her up again. Then Mina got up and decided it was playtime and she wanted a movie on. Blah.
We made the best of it though. We did some yoga stretches and had breakfast. Maria bought a ton of strawberries yesterday and shared with us. So we had fresh strawberries, hot tea and cereal for me and peanut butter bread for Mina. Then we picked up the living room and Mina watched Little Einsteins Race for Space while I went through some clothes our neighbor gave us for Caetlin. Then we took a shower and headed out to the playground. Caetlin decided it was a much better idea to nap in the stroller than play tag with Mina and me.Mina was really funny. We played hide and seek. So I'd count and then look for her. I'd say,"Is Mina under the slide?" And she yell back,"No!" It was hilarious. I'm not sure she understands how to play. So we ran around and swung for a while but it was pretty cold we had to go back for sweatshirts, hats and gloves. Even all bundled up it was chilly.So we came back inside to have a snack and some hot tea. Then Mina started watching The Little Mermaid. And I figured it was a good time to make some cookies. I've had this craving for rocky road cookies for a few days now. Of course Mina had to come and see what I was doing and she declared she wanted ginger cookies. So we made ginger cookies instead of rocky road. But next time I'm getting my way. Mina was a wonderful helper. She helped measure the brown sugar, counted the scoops of flour, added the cinnamon, ginger and cloves all by herself. And then she helped mix it all up. And the best part was watching her little face light up. She was so proud of herself. And the cookies turned out really yummy. I had to eat some because they wouldn't all fit in the container. Darn.
Both the girls took a good nap. Of course Caetlin has been asleep all day. I swear she's going to be an inch taller tomorrow. We are waiting for Tim to get home now. He should be here any minute and then we have to figure out if we are heading to Gilroy or staying home tonight.Isn't she so cute in her little hat and gloves? She should be in a catalog. I'd buy anything she was wearing.
She likes to swing higher than the trees
Align CenterThe slide was wet at the bottom so she was walking over the wet spot
Mina loves to climb the "monkey ladder"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...