Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas in the Park

We had the most wonderful time ever at Christmas in the Park. My mom came down for the day with my sister Kayleigh, my brother Keegan and Kayleigh's friend Fallon. The went to The Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum and Planetarium. Kayleigh and Fallon had to do a report for their GATE class. Then we all met up at Cesar Chavez park of Christmas in the Park. Mina had a blast looking at all the fancy trees and displays with my mom and siblings while Tim, Caet and I waited in line to see Santa. It was a really long line. When we got really close to the front my mom brought Mina back and she got to see Santa! I was a little worried she might be scared but she RAN up to Santa and jumped on his lap and gave him a huge hug. When he asked what she wanted she said...
SOCKS!!!! Omg, what kind of a child am I raising? Santa thought that was hilarious and started laughing. I asked Mina want about A Tinkerbell doll? (We Emailed Santa a while ago and she asked for a doll.) So then Santa asked her if she wanted Tinkerbell socks. She said Nooooo. Like Santa was being silly or something. Then he asked if she'd like Barbie socks. Once again Nooooo. BUTTERFLY SOCKS!!!! What a goose. So hopefully I can find butterfly socks tomorrow.
Caetlin slept through the waiting and woke up when we got to the front of the line. So we decided to get her photo taken with Santa too. She didn't seem to care one way or the other by I thought it was sweet. Santa was really awesome and nice. Some Santas are like "Next!" This guy really took the time to talk to the kid and make them feel special. I was super happy that Mina was so happy and excited.
After visiting Santa we walked by a few trees and headed over to the carnival area. Kayleigh and Fallon rode the ferris wheel, Tim and Mina rode the carousel and my mom ran back and forth taking pictures. Keegan, Mina and I checked out the neat pool ball caster in front of the Tech Museum. After Kayleigh and Fallon got of their ride we decided it was time to head home. It was 8:30pm and my mom had to drive back to Sacramento and Mina was starving. So we exchanged Christmas presents, (Mina got to open one of her gifts, an Elmo's Night Before Christmas book with special Christmas ornaments) and then we said good-bye and headed home.
We had a fabolous time and I can't wait to do it again next year.
Caetlin and Santa

One of Mina's favorite displays She told my mom "I can dance like a ballerina!" and then proceeded to show her.Kayleigh, Keegan and Fallon posing in front of the teddy bear carousel, and Mina running around

The big tree in the center
My favorite tree

My baby brother, Keegan
me and my mommy
Mina on the carousel

1 comment:

  1. i can't get over how absolutely delighted Mina is to hang out with her good ol' pal Santa! She looks darling - so proud and excited. I'm sure it just melted your hearts! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...