Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Truth Tuesday: I'm joining in Operation Kick My Own Ass

I have a huge ass. It's true. And it's not one of those nice J.Lo-esque type booties. It's a fat, flat, I-just-gave-birth-6-weeks-ago booty. And it has to go!
Today is the first day I worked out since I was 7 months pregnant. I started really slow this morning with squats, lunges, jumping jacks, planks & wall sits. And let me just say, damn! It kicked my ass. I took a picture of my fat ass self today. I've been avoiding looking at myself lately but it's actually not as bad as I thought. I've lost 30 of 60 pounds I gained with Wes. I'm close to my pre-pregnancy waist size but my hips & thighs are way bigger.
Blah.

My plan is to work out 15-30 minutes a day, 6 days a week, working different muscle groups every day. I'm not quite ready to lace up my running shoes yet but I'm hoping to be back out on the pavement by May 12th. My second goal is to lose at least 5 lbs by then too. I've uped my H2O consumption, cut my meal portions, started taking a fiber supplement, replaced my mid morning chocolate with hot tea & a protein bar and my afternoon snack from graham crackers smothered in pb to a nutrition bar & watered down V8 fruit fusion. Now I just have to hold myself accountable. My will power when it comes to food is just above zero. Especially on bad depression days. I feel like crap, so I might have given myself a Starburst pick-me-up earlier. See? Failing already. I suck.

Check out what Lisa of Crazy Adventures in Parenting, the ring leader behind Truth Tuesday & Operation Kick My Own Ass (OpKMOA) is up to.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...