Monday, May 28, 2012

Flats Challenge - days 3,4 & 5 & 6/7

Bad blogger! Bad! Yeah, I'm falling behind it my updates. So here's a quick catch-up of the days I missed posting.

Day 3- My favorite way to use flats.
Kite fold. Hands down. I've tried the pad, Jo & origami folds but they just do not work for us.

Day 4- How am I doing?
Great. I've gotten lazy and have started washing when I have 4 (or more) flats to wash. I also added 2 more Thirsties covers to my rotation because I didn't want to go get one off the line the other night. Or this morning. Lazzzzziness. But I honestly don't mind the hand washing. Also I love the trimness of the flats and will keep using them on a regular basis & handwashing them fairly often.

Day 5- What have I learned?
It is so nice to be able to hand the boy off to daddy for diaper changes. But he only does pockets or AIOs. So I have been the exclusive butt wiper lately. Has anyone else's hubby/partner/baby daddy not even tried to learn to use the flats because it "looks too hard?" All in all I think that anyone could do this but many people will just be too lazy. It takes work and we live in a very lazy time. Drive-thrus, ready made food & disposable everything runs rampant now-a-days.

Days 6 & 7- I've got this down now. We've figured out what works for us & I'm still enjoying the challenge. Everyone I talk to probably hates me because I'm even more of a cloth advocate now and want to share my experience with everyone I meet. Our pediatrician thought it was kind of awesome. She is the sweetest woman ever. She said she wishes she had tried cloth on her kids. Anyways I'm getting off track. So I am officially a flat lover. Prefolds are great but I think I'll continue using flats and handwashing them during the days sometimes. But first thing tomorrow morning I'm slapping a Fuzzibunz pocket on my boy and dancing in front of my washing machine when I wash my first diaper load!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...