Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Truth Tuesday- I hate my serger

For reals. I'm finally getting my crafty mojo back and it is driving me nuts! Why am I going nuts you might ask, because even though I'm finally kicking my depression's butt, and breaking out of my I-want-to-just crawl-into-a-dark-hole-and-sleep-forever-beacause-I-totally-suck-at-everything-and-am-a-failure-at-life phase, I can't make most of the stuff that is floating around in my head. Caeti broke my serger, as in snapped the upper looper in half, in February. I ordered the replacement piece & swapped the broken one for the shiny new one. I start serging and BAM! major thread mess & the machine jams up. Upon closer inspection, the new upper loop is NOT the same shape as the old one. Enter the hammer & pliers, hey don't judge my ghetto-ness, when a girl needs to serge, a girl needs to serge. So I bend that puppy into the correct shape & angle. And figure out that my timing is also off. Not by a little either. And do you know how many tutorials their are one adjusting the timing on your Singer 14SH654 Finishing Touch Serger? That would be ZERO! Please if you know of one send it to me asap! So currently my serger is dismantled & sitting on the table waiting for me to figure out what to do with it. I'm not going to take it to a repair shop because it will cost at least $90 to fix it and I only paid $89 for it. So hopefully I can fix it or I'll end up serger-less. At least until my birthday (December).

On a happier note here is my favorite shot of the week.
I'm pretty sure this is where the term "sleeping like a baby" came from.
It's love folks.


Drop Lisa of Crazy Adventures in Parenting, the brains behind Truth Tuesday, some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...