Monday, August 24, 2009

We are busy bees!

We had a great weekend. Saturday for breakfast, I made french toast and Tim made eggs. Then we went to Bonfante Gardens. We all had a really good time. Especially Mina! (Of course.) We rode the carousel, Apple and Worm, the 50s cars, panoramic wheel, the train, the little fire engines and Tubs of Fun. Mina totally crashed in the car on the way to Maria's. Unfortunately she woke up when we got there. I guess a 30 minute nap is better than no nap at all. On Sunday morning Tim and I went through our bedroom and hall closets gathering things for a garage sale next Saturday. There was a box of stuff that hadn't been unpacked from when we moved in 2 years ago! It was like all my stuff. I obviously wasn't missing it since I had no idea it was there. But now our closet is all neat and clean. I have a whole new corner for storage! While I was going through the closet Mina found our old baby carrier and decided she needed to wear it. Once I got it on her she marched up to my tummy and yelled, "Baby sister come out! I carry you now!" I found here a dolly to carry around instead.
Tonight I made the most awesome pizza ever. Double-decker chicken bacon. OMG. It was so good. Mina actually helped make it! Normally she just gets in the way, makes a mess & gets in trouble. She held the mixer all by herself. Which left me free to get the bacon in the pan and season the chicken. Then daddy took her out to the playground while the dough was rising. I guess they had fun until Mina ran in front of the swings and got kicked in the face. Opps. She's okay. Just a little red around her nose where she face planted in the tanbark. But decorating pizza with mom made her forget all about it.
I also ordered a new duvet cover. I'm super psyched about it. 300Tc Egyptian cotton. It's a blue damask stripe CAL KING! The cover we have on our duvet now is too small. So it will be nice to have one that fits! We'll end up with like 6 more inches of blanket. Mina was helping me while I was ordering it. Aka coloring so she wasn't in the way. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...