Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Headboard Details

This is a reminder of how the door looked when I got it. 

Nice right? After some inspiration from here, I peeled the tape and stickers off & I scrubbed the heck out of it with soapy water & a scrub brush. After it was clean & dry, it got two coats of Glidden Gripper in white.

After letting the sealer dry and staring at paint chips for a few days, I decided to paint it Behr's Teal Zeal. I just bought the color sample size and I have just a little bit left over. 
 Lastly I added a piece of chair rail around the top edge and cut a piece 1/4" plywood to create a little shelf across the top and painted them to match after filling the nail holes & caulking the seams.
 To hang it we used a french cleat.
I'm so pleased with how it turned out and so is the hubby. In fact he likes it so much he even gave me the okay to order a new duvet cover! Our bedroom is finally starting to look the way I've been dreaming about. 
 Pooh bear likes it too. He was a gift from my hubby for our first Valentine's day back in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...