So confession, I love Hot/Lean Pockets. I know they are terrible for you but they taste so yummy and are so fun to eat. (Yes, I'm kind of like a 5 year old sometimes.)
Tonight was leftover night and we just happen to have all the fixings for pizza but, I was in the mood for something fancier. Hmm... I know! Pizza pockets! However, circles & squares are boring but hearts, now that's fancy!
Here's a quick little tutorial on how to make your own.
1. Roll out dough 1/2 inch thick, use a cookie cutter to cut out dough, roll remaining dough out 1/4 inch thick. Roll out 1/2" thick shape to make it about 1.5 times the size of the cookie cutter. Roll out 1/4" thick piece to make slightly bigger than cookie cutter.
2. Turn cookie cutter with thicker edge facing up and lay larger piece of dough over the top.
3. Push dough down into cookie cutter making sure to leave dough up and over the edge of cookie cutter.
4. Fill dough with yummy toppings.
5. Wet the edge of dough with water & place the other piece of dough on top.
6. Press down on edges to seal. Flip over and remove cookie cutter. Use a fork to firmly seal the edges. Poke a few holes in the top to allow stream to escape.
7. Bake at 425F on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet on middle rack for about 10 minutes.
8. Enjoy! (Pictured: Feta, chicken, green onion, spinach, ranch & mozzarella.)
And in case you want to see exactly how I do it, I even made you a video! (I feel so special right now!) Hope you make some of your own and wow your family!
And about the headboard, I kind of spaced on taking pictures & took a nap instead. Whoops. So pics tomorrow I promise.