Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Flats Challenge Day 3

It's day 3 of the Flats & Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.

"This event aims to bring awareness and educate cloth diapering families and beyond about the benefits and feasibility of using flat cloth diapers, the most basic of all diapers, and handwashing. Why? Because there are families who struggle everyday with diaper need. There are no federal or state funded assistance programs to help families buy diapers. This can result in babies being left in diapers too long or families reusing disposable diapers; both options pose serious health risks for the baby. My goal has always been to prove that, when necessary, a small number of flat cloth diapers, covers, and a simple bucket washer or tub can be all a family needs to provide clean and sanitary diapers."

--Kim Rosas of Dirty Diaper Laundry

So for free topic I decided to write about the reasons I like using flats. First off they are fun & easy to personalize by tie-dyeing. I love tie-dye, it's proof that I'm a hippie I guess.

I also love how quickly they dry & how trim they are on the booty. I didn't know about flats before last years' challenge but they earned a regular spot in my rotation. These past 3 days have renew my love for flats & cloth diapering in general. I plan on thinning my stash and spreading the love to some of my mama friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...