Sunday, May 26, 2013


It's the final day of the Flats & Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry!

"This event aims to bring awareness and educate cloth diapering families and beyond about the benefits and feasibility of using flat cloth diapers, the most basic of all diapers, and handwashing. Why? Because there are families who struggle everyday with diaper need. There are no federal or state funded assistance programs to help families buy diapers. This can result in babies being left in diapers too long or families reusing disposable diapers; both options pose serious health risks for the baby. My goal has always been to prove that, when necessary, a small number of flat cloth diapers, covers, and a simple bucket washer or tub can be all a family needs to provide clean and sanitary diapers."

--Kim Rosas of Dirty Diaper Laundry


We did it.
7 days, 10 diapers, 5 flat doublers, 4 covers, 10 washes and 1 lanolization. 
And I'd do over again without hesitation.
We had easy days. (Thursday was a no poop day!)
We had tough days. (Friday was a 4 poops day & the poopslosion all over the wool this morning.)
The rest of the days were pretty much average days.
I do have one more load to do tomorrow morning (our bedtime diaper) but I already counted in the total above.

Personally, this year taught me the slow down & enjoy the quiet times. I loved sitting outback with my camp washer watching my kids chases the chickens, climb the orange tree & run about like goof balls.
It also reenforced my belief that anyone could cloth diaper on a budget.

Thank you Kim Rosas for hosting this great event!
Linking up HERE!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! We loved the challenge. I am looking forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...